The term, 'lifestyle disorders' is not something that we just read in magazines or watch on TV shows anymore. In today's times, lifestyle disorders are real. They are common, deadly and you could be suffering from them without even realizing it. People's hectic and stressful urban lifestyles have led to a prevalent phenomenon called 'burnout', which is adversely impacting the quality of their lives. There's no accurate way to describe a burnout... but in short, it's like an epidemic of exhaustion. You feel tired, hopeless and drained out all the time. And this affects your work, your personal life and everything else in between. If you want to find out if you are facing a burnout, answer the following questions honestly:
- Do you feel too too fatigued and tired to enjoy or fully participate in your own life? Even after a night's sleep, do you wake up feeling tired and lethargic?
- Although you feel physically worn out, do you have trouble falling asleep?
- Do you feel as if you are ageing too fast?
- Do your muscles, joints, neck and shoulders feel tense and ache constantly?
- Are you losing your appetite for sex and feel too exhausted to even try?
- Do you feel low and depressed throughout the day?
- Do you fall more sick than often?
- Do you feel listless and disinterested at work all the time and are forced to drink too much coffee or consume sugar-loaded snacks to keep you going?
- Do you eat meals for the sake of it, but never savour it?
- Do you feel like there's too much to do, but not enough time? And do you feel unable to keep up?
- Do you experience a feeling of self-pity and self-loathing more often than not?
- Do you feel overworked, over-scheduled and plain, overwhelmed?
If you answered 'yes' to a majority of the questions, then you might just be suffering from burnout, the biggest occupational hazard of the 21st century. So how do you transform your life in a way that you no longer feel like a rubber band that is stretched too tight and is about to snap? That's where a yoga way of life comes in! A gradual healing process of lifestyle changes, incorporating healthy habits and a detox plan can slowly get you back into shape!
And what better way to do it than by going on a yoga holiday retreat that will let your worries melt away and awaken your inner self to a whole new world of possibilities and positivity. The first step to getting your life back is to get back into the driver's seat of your life, instead of being a mere spectator. You need to participate in recreating the natural healthy state that is your birthright before it is too late and you fall prey to serious lifestyle diseases like chronic high blood pressure, diabetes or worse. But even to help yourself, you need help. It is at this juncture, that you should choose to seek the expert advice of wellness coaches, like the ones we have at Ashiyana Yoga.
What exactly happens when you face burnout?
When you are feeling 'spent' and drained out, it could mean you are suffering from an overstimulation of the adrenal glands, which are responsible for producing hormones that regulate blood pressure, cortisol, metabolism and various minerals like potassium and sodium. These bodily processes are critical in producing a healthy stress response. But when you overload your system with stress, this leads to hormonal imbalances that cause the symptoms of adrenal fatigue, with the result that individuals experience inexplicable mood swings, depression, fear of taking action and lack of motivation for anything.
Ashiyana steps to healing!
- You will need to completely overhaul your lifestyle and following a simplified routine that is healthy and natural.
- You will need to make this holistic regime a routine by constant practice and repetition, so that you fall into a healthy habit.
A great way to achieve the above is by signing up for a yoga retreat that will help you do all this by providing you with a peaceful, tranquil and healthy environment that is conducive to healing. Ashiyana Yoga retreats will help you detoxify the body, calm the mind and change your life.
Are you ready to transform your life, battle burnout and fall in love with yourself?
Then, sign up for a Ashiyana Yoga retreat or holiday. More information on www.ashiyana-yoga-goa.com/yoga-holidays-goa-india.html