Elemental Alchemy Retreat - Ecstatic Dance, Movement and Stillness
This 6-day retreat has been created for you!
No shaking or dancing skill/experience is necessary – we come together to remember how our bodies naturally want to move, to express and to let go.
Heightened arousal followed by deep relaxation are powerful co-components in initiating healing, regeneration and renewal.
On this retreat, we will explore heightened ecstatic states through shaking, dancing and movement, and then dive deep into the oceans of stillness with daily sunrise and sunset meditations, yin yoga and/or Yoga Nidra practices, often accompanied with live music. There will be ample opportunity to integrate and assimilate all that we experience in both regular sharing circles and plenty of free time.
During this retreat, we will:
- Explore different methods of shaking and be inspired on how to incorporate this medicinal practice into our daily routines
- Journey through ecstatic, elemental embodiment with 5Elements Dance ActivationsTM
- Dive into nurturing stillness with Yoga Nidra, Yin Yoga and Meditations
- Enjoy plenty of free time for integration, journaling, exploring, swimming, sun-soaking and simply being
- Nourish our bodies with healthy, wholesome, organic food and daily fresh coconuts
- Develop magical, lasting connections and memories with our Elemental Alchemy tribe as we shake, dance, move and express together, sharing our experiences with openness and acceptance
Shaking is a powerful fire medicine that offers a wealth of benefits to those that choose to embrace it, including:
- Liberating our energy / life force to flow freely by releasing tensions, stagnant energy and supressed emotions.
- Releasing of stress, limiting fears and trauma that can get ‘frozen’ in the body’s physiology. Shaking melts and dissipates these icey blocks and allows us to move freely with full health and vitality.
- Remembering how to Let Go. We have been born into and raised by modern cultures that teach us to always be moving forward with a purpose or goal; to always plan ahead and to be in control. Shaking allows us to let go of all of this; to let go of our ‘should’s and ‘shouldn’t’s, our patterns, our attachments, our guilt, our control….when we surrender to the shake and allow it to move us, we free ourselves of all concepts and rigidity and open ourselves up to the magical beauty and flowing abundance that exists in each moment.
- Reclaiming our innate WILDNESS and freedom. Shaking offers us a way to liberate ourselves from the modern societal pressures, expectations and judgements that dictate what movements and actions are deemed ‘normal’ and ‘acceptable’. Shaking is a natural, healthy reaction and expression of the body. When we allow our bodies to move, tremble, vibrate and shake as they need, we reconnect with our wild, ecstatic nature and experience deep feelings of pleasure, joy and freedom.
- Opening ourselves up to Receive. When we learn to relax and to open, we allow ourselves to receive and experience the vibrating energy moving through us. We allow each and every cell of our being to receive more and more of this life force. As we allow ourselves to experience more and more pleasure, we embrace just how incredible it is to breathe, move and experience our aliveness.
- Reconnecting with our Inner Child. Shaking is not confined to just being a serious healing practice. When we shake, move and dance with playfulness, innocent curiosity and wild abandonment, we allow our inner child, who we so often hide away and do not acknowledge, to dance and express freely through us.
- Physical Embodiment. We are spiritual beings having a human experience! Shaking offers a swift and very practical way of really connecting to our bodies. It teaches us to be attentive to the physical sensations, however dense or subtle, that arise, tingle, quiver and move through us. We learn to be more in tune with the physical needs and messages that our body communicates with us. We learn to celebrate and be thankful for this incredible physical vessel that we have each been blessed with in this lifetime!
“When we shake ourselves to the fullest height of ecstatic expression and then fall into the deepest state of quiet, we set the stage for powerful realignment and evolution of our whole being.”
- ‘Shaking Medicine’ by Dr. Bradford Keeney
Arrival: Monday 22nd January – check in from 2pm. Opening ceremony at 4pm.
Departure: Sunday 28th January – check out after brunch by 10.30am.
Want to extend your stay?
Click here to book extra days at Ashiyana outside of the retreat.
Beach Hut (single): £710 / € 785
Beach Hut (sharing): £630 / €700
Eco Lodge (single): £890 / € 990
Eco Lodge (sharing): £710 / €785
Palm Grove (single): £950 / € 1055
Palm Grove (sharing): £755 / € 840
Raj Double (single): £1020 / € 1130
Raj Double (sharing): £815 / € 905
Non-residential spaces may be available upon request. Contact Lalita for more info.
- Daily shaking meditations/workshops
- 5Elements Dance ActivationsTM Journeys
- Sunrise and sunset meditations
- Yin Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Opening Circle with smudging (wear white if possible!)
- Fire Ceremony on the beach
- Regular sharing circles
- 6 nights accommodation at Ashiyana
- Twice daily, healthy organic buffet meals (brunch and dinner)
- Unlimited access to filtered water, herbal teas and Masala Chai
- Plenty of free time to relax on the beach, explore the local area, shop at the markets and connect with the elements in nature
- International or domestic flights
- Airport transfers (these can be arranged directly with Ashiyana for ~1500 INR each way)
- Indian Visa (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html)
- Any extra activities or spa treatments
Please click on the below room categories to explore the different rooms available at Ashiyana:
Beach Huts (single or double occupancy)
Eco Lodges (single/twin/double occupancy)
Palm Grove (single/twin/double occupancy)
Raj Double (single/double occupancy)
A £270 / €300 Deposit is required now to confirm your place (non-refundable)
The remaining balance is due by 31st October 2017
Bookings made after 31/10/17 must be paid in full
(Please contact Lalita for potential payment plans)
Please fill out the contact form below to chat directly with Lalita, who will be happy to answer any questions, give you more information and to book you onto this special retreat together :-)