Dining at Ashiyana
The Ashiyana Restaurant offers two delicious buffet meals per day – post-yoga Brunch and Dinner. Our Nepalese Head Chef, Tek, and his team offer a fusion of Indian, Nepalese and Western cuisine. The mostly vegetarian menu includes an abundance of fresh fruit, vegetables and organic produce whenever possible. Fresh fish and seafood dishes are available once or twice a week.
Our guests, staff, teachers and therapists all dine together at mealtimes as one big family. Join us around our large dining table and participate in the group conversations, or perhaps choose to sit in the restaurant gazebo, or any of our other quieter dining areas, for a more intimate chat with fellow guests and staff.
There are drinking water taps available in the restaurant for you to enjoy fresh water.
We also have self-service Masala Chai and fresh Ginger Lemon Teas available throughout the day.
Brunch: 10:00 – 11:00 am
Large selection of fresh fruits; home-made muesli; porridge; curd (yoghurt); fresh coconut milk; home-baked bread; home-made jams and nut butters; daily egg dish; guacamole; sprouted lentils; fresh juice or smoothie; and other daily specials.
Dinner: 19:00 – 20:00 pm
Large buffet comprising a fusion of local and western cuisine; freshly prepared salads, rice, dahl, vegetables and dessert.
* Please note these times may vary slightly throughout the season
Example of daily Dinner menu:
- Leafy Green Salad with avocado, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, pomegranate, red pepper, carrot, toasted sesame seeds
- Brown rice
- Channa Daal (chickpea and lentil Indian stew)
- Vegetable Curry
- Spinach Pie (baked pie of sweet potato and carrot mash topped with spinach)
- Sautéed Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Chocolate Balls
- Selection of dried fruit and nuts